Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have a question about teeth & what could possibly cause them to rot?

I have already had 5 teeth pulled, and in a week I get 2 more pulled, but until I see the doctor, I have a question. Why are my teeth rotting from the inside out? First they seem to get soft, then they start breaking away and when I can see inside them, they are rotten. But on the outside, my teeth look fine? I don't do drugs (meth, etc), don't have gingivitis, periodontitis/Periodontal disease. I brush twice a day w/crest, rinse w/crest prohealth %26amp; floss. I have been taking a multivitamin for over a year now, drink alot of milk for vitamin D, and even quit drinking pop for 6 months, and I still ended up with more rotted teeth? Could anyone please help? I will ask my dentist next week but does anyone have any thoughts on this!!??!! The only thing I have been taking is my prescription Klonopin's, I have been on them since 1995, but I haven't found or read anywhere that they will rot your teeth?? So, I am at a loss!

I have a question about teeth %26amp; what could possibly cause them to rot?
Teeth rotting can be caused by three main reasons 1) genetics, 2) environment and 3) internal health.


1. The first one Genetics is an interesting thing to explain teeth rotting. Some women in Asia and Africa were given a special pregnancy "vitamin" and they all had children with teeth that were yellow spotted. Also if your mother had poor nutrition while pregnant, did drugs, or inhaled a lot of smoke; that does effect the fetus and thus the children are born with problems such as bad teeth.


2. The environment is also a factor. Do you live in a present day polluted environment that has chemical residues in the water you drink? And although you should be commended that you quit drinking "pop" for 6 months; did you drink if for years before hand. There are many studies that show that soda erodes the teeth enamel. It is just poison for the teeth and internal organs. Also smoking is linked to dental decay.


3. Internal health is also a factor in that are you exercising and eating an overall healthy diet? Generally your teeth and skin show what kind of health you are at. You may want to discuss this with your main doctor for a full check- up. There is a study that suggests there is a link between teeth health and heart disease.


I tell my husband often to do the above to protect his teeth, but he refuses. He drinks a pint of pepsi everyday and I see the toll it has taken on his teeth. He has 16 cavities.





Good luck and start a healthy diet and exercise program and that will help you a lot.
Reply:i want some klonopin...love that stuff. anyway, do you suck on lollipops or hArd candy....stop this if you do. do you use floride rinse? do it. do you eat a lot of nuts? they cause a chemical reaction in the mout and it can cause rotting. if you eat fruit with high acidity, wait an hour and drink some water before brushing, this will keep your gums and teeth from being irratated.




hair talk

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net