Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tooth Enamel Damage?

I need someone in dentestry to answer my question:


I am an alcoholic (the past 7 years) now I hardly ever puke probablly only once a month, my question is how often does someone have to vomit in order to damage they're teeth and how can I minimize the damage... please don't give me a lecture about my drinking cause that isn't going to stop, I've been to rehab and tried to quit several times to no avail.





thank you everyone. oh and the reason I ask is because I've noticed how bulleimic (SP??) people have rotten teeth and I don't want to suffer the same fate.





oh yes and do teeth whitening agents damage as well?

Tooth Enamel Damage?
First of all, no lecturing on your addiction, but I do wish you well in your endeavor to overcome it. As far as vomiting damaging your enamel, it would have to be on a regular basis, more than it sounds like you are doing. You might look in the dental isle for the new toothpaste that strengthen your enamel, all the brands carry their own version, just read the boxes. Whitening agents dont damage your teeth but they can cause sensitivity which again can be controlled with sensitive toothpaste or fluoride rinses.
Reply:wow, i dont think you should vomit that much, but i dont know if it causes teeth decay, but yeah i think the only thing vomiting is bad on is your asophagus or however you spell it



my cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net